New York Practice
Well-established and known as a "lawyer's lawyer," attorney Sanford Young and the other lawyers of The Law Offices of Sanford F. Young, P.C. have a long-standing law practice headquartered at One World Trade Center #8500 New York, New York 10007. Lawyers of the firm handle complex litigation and appeals involving issues such as:
- Legal malpractice
- Medical malpractice involving hospital-borne infectious diseases transmitted in New York hospitals
- Fee disputes involving New York law firms and clients
- Hidden assets and divorce in New York family courts
- Jewish Orthodox community representation involving disputes occurring in and between synagogues and chabads throughout the state
- Of-counsel legal services involving a wide range of legal issues
- Consumer class actions including such matters as the recent victory over the New York City Parking Violations Bureau.
- Credit reporting disputes involving New York consumers and businesses
- Banking disputes involving New York-based banks and customers
- Unfair insurance practices in New York insurance claims
Mr. Young is frequently called upon to provide "of-counsel" services, consulting with attorneys statewide throughout New York to review and assess strategies following an initial loss or stumbling block in a case. He advises clients and their lawyers who find themselves enmeshed in legal disputes that have been dragged out, mishandled or otherwise are in need of a new strategy or experienced lawyer. Lawyers, corporate executives, entrepreneurs and individual clients often retain Mr. Young to handle, work with or serve as lead counsel in their pending disputes.
Matters handled by litigators of The Law Offices of Sanford F. Young, P.C. include the following courts:
- Trial courts in New York City, Long Island, Upstate New York, Nassau County and Suffolk County
- N.Y. State Supreme Courts, including throughout the New York City metropolitan areas
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York Court of Claims
- New York City Civil Court
- New York Surrogate's Courts
- Bankruptcy Court in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- County and District Courts throughout New York State
"The trial courts of superior jurisdiction are the Supreme Courts, the Court of Claims, the Family Courts, the Surrogate's Courts and, outside New York City, the County Courts. In New York City, the Supreme Court exercises both civil and criminal jurisdiction. Outside New York City, the Supreme Court exercises civil jurisdiction, while County Courts generally handles criminal matters." - http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/trialcourts.shtml. The United States District Court hear cases involving federal and constitutional questions or between citizens of different states. The New York City Civil Court hears cases involving less than $25,000 and landlord-tenant disputes. The Small Claims Part of the N.Y.C. Civil Court is for claims not in excess of $5,000. The New York Court of Claims is for specified cases, such as for negligence, against the State. Naturally, the laws and rules regulating these and other courts are complex, with many additions and exceptions that fill up many a law library.Contact Our New York Lawyers
If you are seeking advice or representation for a litigation matter or any civil appeal, please contact The Law Offices of Sanford F. Young, P.C. Our firm serves clients in New York City, the entire New York-New Jersey metropolitan areas, throughout New York State, and in Northern and Central New Jersey. We can be reached by calling 212-227-9755, by e-mail, or by filling out the intake form on our Contact Us page.
Our offices are located in the financial district of Manhattan, near Wall Street, across from New York's City Hall, and around the corner from the World Trade Center site, and easily accessible by public transportation or car.